Hello…so apart from the basics on my about page of being a mummy, a wife and absolutely loving anything gold (you probably gathered just by looking at my blog page), I thought I would compile a list of 10 Things you didn’t know about me to share with you. It’s a good way to get to know this person that sits behind this blog and tips taps away on her laptop. So here it goes…
10 Things you didn’t know about me:
- I was born and grew up in Durban, South Africa (until I was 13..so sort of grown up)
- I am half German and speak very good Germlish. Yup it’s a mixture of the two, as my German gran speaks perfect English, so I just mix the two if I don’t know a word…I don’t recommend it for improving a language.
- I’m obsessed with horses. I actually used to own one when I was a teen and ever since we sold him, I have always wished for another. It was definitely not a phase for me.
- My husband is a professional footballer. It’s something he has worked very hard at since he was 8 years old, and is one of the lucky (and talented) few to still be in the game. It is the reason for all our moves, but has brought us many new adventures, stories and an interesting aspect of our family life.
- I have a Joint Honors degree in English Language and Media Studies from the University of Birmingham. Great Uni…good times and some really exceptional friends made.
- I’ve been financially independent (basically means I’ve worked and paid rent/bills with no financial support) since I was 17.
- I lost my mother to skin cancer when I was 14. Pretty awful I know. But I am quite open talking about it nowadays.
- I have been managing a job, being a wife and mummy, many long commutes, all while studying for my Diploma in Marketing Communications for the last 3 years…and I can’t wait for it to be bloody finished! Ha.
- I did an Around-the-World trip with a Uni friend after graduating. We travelled to Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Fiji and America. It was an incredible experience and would highly recommend it.
- I have super curly hair! I mean like ringlet type stuff…well that certainly was what it was like the last time I saw it in it’s natural state. Me and Ghd’s are pretty close buddies though, so you’d never know.
Anyways I hope you enjoyed this more personal post…it’s definitely a weird feeling putting it out there. It’s not something I would usually walk up to someone at a party and start reeling off these (just imagine the facial expressions!)…but I thought it’s good to share a bit right?
Let me know what you think in the comments below! Are there any fun facts about you that you would share? I’d love to read your answers.
(Image (c) Copyright Jacki Bruniquel Photography Ltd.)